Saturday, September 13, 2008

True Blood

Tonight was the 2nd episode of a new show on HBO called True Blood which is about Vampires. True Blood is actually the name of a synthetic blood that the Japanese made to help Vampires so they don't have to drink peoples blood anymore. They just buy a 4 back of True Blood and it gives them the nutrition they need but without murdering people. This particular story is about a girl who is in her early 20's who can read everyone's mind and she meets her first vampire who walks into the bar/restaurant that she works at. She immediately falls for him because she can't read his mind.

I like this show because it's a vampire show and anyone who knows me knows that I love anything that is supernatural. I would rather watch a show about vampires, witches, super heroes, guys who go around the country killing demons than watching something like 90210 or Gossip Girl.

It goes all the way back to when I was a kid. I was obsessed with Samantha on Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie. I was in heaven in the 90's when Buffy started, then Charmed came and then Angel spun off of Buffy and there was Roswell and then in 2000 Smallville came and eventually Supernatural.

The last 12 years of television has been great for me and the hits keep coming. There was a show on CBS called Moonlight about vampires but it didn't last more than a season which really pissed me off but now that True Blood is on HBO I'm happy again. And thank goodness I have HBO now lol.

No comments: