Wednesday, February 11, 2009

DTV Transition

OK, I've been seeing these DTV commercials since last year when they first started them.  It's not only commercials but a ticker at the top of the screen all freakin' day long.  Thank goodness I don't have to see that while watching my shows at night.

If you don't have a TV then you don't know what I'm talking about but basically it says that if you use an antenna to watch TV you have to buy a digital converter box and you can get a coupon from the government who is forcing this upon everyone for a free box.  The cable companies are even offering a very basic cable for $10 a month which is unusual.  I was paying $55 a month for basic cable which was 2-77 so I'm sure that $10 cable is 2-13 and all the UHF stations like PBS and the Spanish channels.

They were saying that you have until February 19th or somewhere around there to get this box or you will get static on the tv.  Well, now they've decided to postpone it until June 12th.  Well, that's good for all the procrastinators out there but it's not good for those of us who are well prepared because we gotta hear about it for another 5 months.  Can we please just stop these commercials and tickers?  Or if not stop them just limit them to 1000 times a day lol.  I mean come on, I am so sick of hearing about it.  I get it.  Put billboards up and quit interrupting my shows with your tickers.

A lot of the commercials are from Bright House cable telling me that I am taken care of because I have Bright House Cable but that I need to tell all my Antenna friends to upgrade.  Please stop these commercials lol.  I don't want to keep hearing about it.  Oh and after June 12th they are going to continue the commercials for another year telling me to tell all the people who don't get a signal anymore to get cable lol.

No comments: