Saturday, February 28, 2009

A Spell for Chameleon - part 2

Well I finally finished reading this book about an hour ago. I thought it was a very good book. Although I didn't get the puns at first because I didn't think of them as puns but more I was thinking of them as what they were. In the fantasy world that I live in, if they say it's a Jelly tree then it has jelly inside of it. I don't take it any other way. So it was a shock to me when I was told that "Jelly Tree" was a pun.

I lived in the world of EverQuest for 6 long years plus I've lived in the fantasy realm for a lot longer than that lol. Some people may laugh at that but it's true. I've always been a fan of science fiction and fantasy. So it is no surprise to me when Piers Anthony writes about a blanket plant and I have to assume the leaves are blankets.

Besides all that, I am always making up puns whenever someone says something I come up with this off the wall joke usually including a pun. Nobody laughs, they usually moan.

I had this friend named Bob and he was like me too so he and I were constantly making each other laugh. I would say something and Chip would say Mike that doesn't make sense but you could hear Bob laughing in the background because Bob got it. And he was usually the only one. For the rest of the people I had to sit there explaining my joke before they called the men in white coats to take me away.

Getting back to the book though.  I thought it was a very good book.  Every chapter had it's own little mini quest or adventure and I was glued to it whenever I read it.  My jaw had dropped to the ground in the last chapter when you know who became King.  Hey, I'm not going to spoil it for anyone lol.  Because I wasn't expecting that to happen.  But I guess it all ended good and everyone lived happily ever after.  Right?  Well, that is until I start reading the next one.

To be continued in The Source of Magic...

No comments: