Friday, March 06, 2009

Skype Used on TV

A couple of weeks ago I go into the living room and Oprah Winfrey is on the TV and I see these tall TV screens (widescreen tv's turned on their sides) and you see women in these screens.  At first I was like what the heck?  They have audience members in giant sideways widescreen TV's now?

Then Oprah was asking them questions and they showed them talking but this time in the regular size on my screen and on the side of the screen it said "Skype".  These women were in the audience via webcam lol.  I thought that was genius that Oprah is incorporating this into her show.

But just this morning I woke up and go into the living room and Fox News is on and they are talking about the GM problem and they show this guy on a tv screen and on the left side of the screen I see "Skype" LOL.

The Skype streams seem to be pretty fast, a lot faster than cell phone video calls and I can see this being used in place of regular news cameras.  Pretty cool.

No comments: