Sunday, May 10, 2009

ChessMaster Game for PSP

I bought this game yesterday but only did the tutorial which was more of a lesson, telling you how each piece moves.  It was a lot to take in all at once.  Today I tried a practice game but I was stumped.  I didn't really know what to do.  If you press the button with the square on it then it gives you a hint to show you where to go.  I kept losing so I started using the hints and I would've never even thought to do the moves that it was suggesting and after about 15 minutes I still lost lol.

Chess really is a game that you need a giant brain to play.  I don't know how the people on Big Brother are able to wrap their brain around it because some of them aren't very bright lol.  Apparently they are smarter than I am lol.  Unless they are just winging it to pass the time.  That's my guess.

The whole reason I've been wanting to buy this game was so I could learn so I would have a reason to build that gothic chess set but I do realize that it would cost me at least $300 to build it.  It's not really that worth it lol.  Oh well.

Edit: I calculated the cost of all the molds for making this gothic chess set.  It's $199 just for the molds.  Then the chess pieces total to $57.42 and the pawns are $54.96.  Total for all of that is $311.38.  That doesn't even include shipping and the expensive cement that you mix to pour into the molds, the glue and the paint.  I bet you are looking at probably over $400 to make the gothic chess set.  LOL Way too much money.  You have to be really dedicated to chess to want to make this.

1 comment:

KeHoeff said...

hey this is a very interesting article!