Friday, June 12, 2009

My Weight Loss Journey

Ok, I know that I said that I wasn't going to do any bragging because that always screws it up but I just can't help it.

Ok, here is how it has been going down.  Last year in October I started riding my bike with the intention of eventually getting to the bike trail.  I was doing 1 mile a day and gradually I went to 3 miles then 5 an so on until eventually I was doing 10 miles a day on average.  Then I had my accident.  Ok so I started out at 244 and then I went down to 227.  That's 17lbs.  Pretty good right?  Well then because of the accident I stopped riding until April.

From November 20th the date of the accident until April 14th when I finally started riding again I had gained 10lbs.  So I was now 237.  So I start riding again and now it's June 12th, today was weigh in day and I weighed in at 221lbs.  Well, if you count starting in October at 244lbs then my weight loss is 23lbs total.

Or, you could think of it this way, I gained 10lbs and I lost it again so technically I lost more than 23lbs lol.  Ok yeah I didn't think that would fly.  Or you might think well technically since April at 237 and now I'm 221 I've only lost 16lbs.  Well, whatever, I could from 244 to 221.

But, that was my weight this morning.  You are supposed to weigh yourself in the morning after you do your "duty" in the bathroom lol.  Who made up that rule?  Ok so that was 221 BUT... before dinner I weighed myself again and I was 220 WOOHOO lol.

My point is, I made it out of the 240's, I made it out of the 230's and now, I'm almost out of the 220's and that is all that matters.  I cannot wait to get into the 210's so that I can get into the 200's and so on.

Ok, enough bragging for one day.  If I keep bragging then I will jinx myself and I don't want to risk that lol.

No comments: