Friday, October 15, 2010

Nurse Discovers Patient Is Her Long-Lost Father

This is such a happy and sad story. I didn't include all of the text so you'll have to click the AOL News link below. This story has touched me only because I don't know my father either. It took her all these years to find her father and he has cancer and their reunion may be cut short but at least they were able to meet each other before his fateful day comes.



I am so happy for the two of them and wish the best for their families.

Amplify’d from www.aolnews.com


Nurse Discovers Patient Is Her Long-Lost Father



Wanda Rodriguez and Victor Peraza
(Sept. 3) -- What are the odds?

Wanda Rodriguez, a 41-year-old assistant head nurse at New York's Calvary Hospital, had not seen her father since she was a baby.

Raised by her mother in the Bronx after her parents broke up when she was less than a year old, Rodriguez didn't know much more of her father than his name, Victor Peraza, and her mother's recollection that Rodriguez looked a lot like him.

But as fate would have it, on Aug. 25 a new cancer patient was admitted to Calvary, a hospital that administers care to the terminally ill. When Rodriguez learned his name while discussing his case with a colleague, she froze up.

"I thought, if he's my complexion, if he has green eyes, he could be my dad," Rodriguez told ABC News.Read more at www.aolnews.com
 

No comments: