Wednesday, November 05, 2008

It's too cold

I'm waiting for the heat to kick in lol.  I just went to my bike to the cyclo-computer to find out the temp outside and it says 49.5 degrees.  Hell to the no.  No freakin way am I going out bike riding when it's this cold.  But I'm dying to get it over with lol.

Why is it either too hot or it's too cold?  It's never in between!  The only time of the year that it's in between is 1 month before the summer heat which usually starts in May and 2 weeks after the heat is over in the end of September to the beginning of October.

Now, keep in mind that I love the cold.  I can't wait for the cold every year but when it gets this cold and I have a purpose for being outside then I'm not so sure about it anymore lol.  I do know one thing is for sure, I'm gonna need some bike gloves.  I didn't get them because they were a little much and I have bills to pay but now I think they are really important for my ride.  Especially when it becomes really cold and it hurts to hold the rubber grips on the handlebars.

Normally when I go bike riding I wear a regular t-shirt and a pair of shorts.  I don't wear pants or a jacket because it gets too hot for that.  Even when it's cold outside I still sweat in them.  And the ride is so long that my head is usually soaking wet.  Which is also not good when it's this cold outside because it could cause me to catch a very bad cold.  I'm going to have to wait until it's at least in the 60's outside.  That's what the temp usually has been the last few weeks that I've been riding and thats ok.  And perhaps if I have to wait until noon for the temp to be up that high then so be it.  I just don't want to miss out on riding because it's too cold.

No comments: