Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Jett Travolta

My heart goes out to the family of Jett Travolta.  The Travolta family, John, Kelly Preston and their 2 children were in the Bahamas enjoying a family vacation and their son Jett allegedly had a seizure and fell and hit his head and he passed away.  I don't know the exact details though so that's why I say allegedly.

I had seizures when I was an infant all the way up until I was about 15 years old.  I had grandmall and petimall type seizures.  I wasn't epileptic though but I have a feeling that my seizures weren't because of epilepsy but instead because of a medication they were giving me.

When I was born I was really shaky.  I had a mild tremble in both my hands which I still have to this day.  I was given Dilantin for the shaking and I ended up having seizures.  They stopped giving it to me for many years, I believe from age 9 until 14, then started giving it to me again when I was 15 and the seizures started up again but they still didn't contribute it to the Dilantin.  They switched me to Mysolin (sp?) and I had a severe allergic reaction to that medicine and nearly died.  All of a sudden I had a rash from head to toe and that's the bodies way of telling you that it doesn't like the medication you are giving it.

Well, back to the Travolta family.  I personally like John Travolta.  I watched Grease a billion times in the 70's, my sister and I would do the duets together because we both had the entire script memorized lol.  Sad I know.  I especially love that he doesn't shove Scientology down peoples throats like Mr. Cruise did for 1 year.  He just does his thing and I like that.  He and Kirsty Alley who I love too.  I personally wish that people would stop reporting on Jett's tragedy because it was an accidental death.  Nobody is to blame and just leave them alone.

I heard on some news show yesterday, I think it was Nancy Grace, she was talking about the release of the autopsy results to the media, she was actually defending the family saying it was a private matter that there was no wrong doing so it is absolutely none of anybody's business and they absolutely should not release the autopsy results which I totally 100% agree with.  It was a tragedy and the Travoltas deserve their privacy during this tough time in their lives.

No comments: