Saturday, January 17, 2009

Student Bunk Bed

LOL I have to laugh because I have this fantasy that I have a bunk bed with a desk in my bedroom.  I'm 38 years old going on 12.  I just don't feel 38 for some reason.  I want to have posters of singers on my walls and I want to have a bunk bed and sleep on the top bunk.  This is the first time I've had my own bedroom, and I really mean that.  When I was a kid I either shared a room with my older sister or when we lived in Reseda my bedroom was a walk-in closet and when we were in Sepulveda my bed was in the living room.  I never really had my own bedroom.

When I was living with my sister I had to sleep on the couch in the living room.  I did move back in with my parents when I was 18 and I had my own bedroom but that was short lived, I've had my own room many times but for a short period of time.  I don't count the times I've lived in motels as having my own room cause that's all it was, a bedroom.  When I've been in relationships I don't consider the room being mine because it was shared with the person I was with who always had the design decision.

I didn't have a very good childhood and so I'm reclaiming it and I just don't feel 38.  I feel like a pre-teen with my bike and my video games and stuff.  My bedroom here in Bakersfield is a really small room, I don't have any room to walk around or do anything.  If I had a Nintendo Wii system I wouldn't be able to play games very effectivly because I have no room to move in here.  My desk is so huge too which isn't bad, I actually like my desk.  It's a corner desk and it's right next to my tv so I can watch tv while typing (as I am doing now).

Chip is about to start working (keep your fingers crossed) at Mor furniture for less and they have these bunk beds (in the childrens section lol) and one of them I really like.  It has a desk on the side and it has a top bunk bed then it has a bottom bed that sticks out and it's really neat because it has shelves inside there and a dresser which I don't currently have.  I'm using rubbermaid drawers for my socks and underwear and I have to fold and put my t-shirts in the linen closet.  So this would be perfect for shirts at least.  Here is a picture.  The only problem is it's $800 lol.

deskbunk

Bonanza Student Bunk

$799.99

Your children will have their sights set on the Bonanza Student Bunk Bedroom collection. Functional and fun, this solid pine package features space-saving design with plenty of desk and bookshelf space. This collection includes bunk bed, and desk with hutch. (Chair not included.)

I've never slept on the top bunk before but at the same time my BiPap machine would be perfect on one of those shelves on the bottom bunk.  But I think that at 230lbs, I'd be better off on the bottom bunk don't you think?

No comments: