Monday, February 16, 2009

Fractured Toe

fractured-toeIf you've ever broken a toe before you already know that they can't do anything for you.  I don't know why but they can't fix toes, I guess they are too little and too insignificant to fix.  They serve no purpose other than being stinky.

Most people who know me and saw me growing up already know I have a depth perception issue.  When I would go to walk through a doorway as a child I'd see the doorway in my line of sight but as I got to it I'd end up hitting wall.  I don't know why.  My eyes are a tad bit crossed so I see 2 of everything but it's not that much to worry about.  I do get tunnel vision without my glasses so I normally should have them on at all times but sometimes my vanity doesn't allow it so I take them off and walk into walls hehe.

Yesterday I was in the living room and I was walking very fast to my bedroom and my right foot slammed into the door jam.  I don't know why, I was centered with the door frame so there was no reason for it, it just happened lol.  I screamed and dropped the f bomb a couple of times and then laughed while I was sitting on my bed.  The pain slowly went away and I thought all was good until I went to the doctor today (routine visit) and said oh by the way, I think I broke my toe.  He said that it's probably just fractured, it's still straight but because it is so badly bruised I've just fractured it.  Fracturing can make the blood rush to that spot and it looks bruised.

As a child I never bruised at all, you could punch me in the face (and I was) and I wouldn't bruise at all, or if I did it wouldn't last very long.  This one time I was visiting my Aunt Joyce in Palmdale, CA and I went to reach for my towel which was on the bathroom counter and I didn't want to get out and get the floor wet so I grabbed the towel rack to keep me from falling so I could reach for the towel but the aluminum towel rack bar came right off the brackets and even one of the brackets fell to the floor, I fell on the shower door track.  I had a giant bruise from my arm pit to my leg on my right side.  I showed my Aunt Joyce and it had faded 50% by that time.  Within 5 more minutes it was completely gone.

I had to tell you that so you would understand that I don't bruise so the bruise on my toe must mean that it's really bad.

No comments: