Sunday, March 15, 2009

Disposible Hearing Aides

I saw a commercial for this new product called Songbird Disposable Hearing Aides.  It lasts for 400 hours of active use and lasts up to 6 months.  I guess when you can't hear anymore because the batteries have died then you just buy a new pair.

Ok, first of all, why not just change the batteries?  Why do you have to buy a new pair?  These hearing aides cost $80 for a pair.  That's $160 per year.

I'm trying to think of the pros and the cons of this.  On one hand I guess it is good to get a new pair every so often, maybe once every couple or few years but not every 6 months.  Why can't they last a whole year?

If you had to buy a regular pair of hearing aides from your doctor that can cost $5000 which is a good reason to buy the Songbird because paying $160 a year is saving you a lot of money.  Especially if you... god forbid... pass away in a few years.  But I mean, if you are born hard of hearing or you develop hearing problems from your iPod in your teens, 20's or 30's then you are going to need it for the rest of your life.  Yeah, $5000 is a lot to spend every few years or whenever you have to buy new ones so $160 a year every year is probably a better use of your money.

My aunt bought hearing aides a few years ago and she had nothing but problems with them and they were the $5000 ones.  She said that sometimes when she was at work and they would talk on the loud speaker it was too loud and she couldn't hear the customers that great.  And she took them back to the doctor to be adjusted a couple or few times and he was a total douche and would get impatient with her.  Uh, she just dropped 5 G's on something that she doesn't even wear out of frustration.  Give the lady a break and adjust them you douche bag.

Oh sorry, did I say all that?  LOL I guess it had to be said.

I think I will suggest the Songbird to my aunt, perhaps she will get better use out of this at the lower cost of $80 every 6 months.  Maybe she won't need to wear them all the time so she can stretch it out a lot longer since she is retired now and doesn't need to listen to people bitching about their problems.

Great job Songbird Disposible Hearing Aides.  You got my vote.

No comments: