Tuesday, March 17, 2009

KFC Dollar Menu

Talk about your false advertising.  I've been seeing these commercials on TV for the KFC dollar menu where these 2 guys are in the car and the driver is all "you have a dollar menu?" then he looks back to the people in their cars behind them yelling "They have a dollar menu" while the passenger is laughing.

Then there is the commercial with the "spy" asking if they have the secret recipe and asking how much and the guy inside says a dollar.

They show all these things as being a dollar.  Well, we were at the KFC today and their dollar menu had the following products.  KFC Snackers in many different flavors, original, crispy, honey BBQ and one other which I can't remember.  Then they had 2 biscuits for $1 and 2 pies for $1 and 3 cookies for $1.  That's it.

They had several other items for $1.49 and $2.49 but that's hardly a dollar.  Why are things that are a buck and a half or two bucks and a half on the one buck menu?  That's false advertising.

And speaking of false advertising.  We bought 4 KFC snackers, 2 original for Chip and 2 crispy for me.  They were so tiny and we couldn't tell which were original and which were crispy.  But they were so small, I said to Chip we would've been better off going to McDonald's getting the Chicken sandwiches from their dollar menu because they were twice as big as the KFC snackers.

My opinion, go to McDonald's, you get more bang for your buck buck buck.  Pun intended.

5 comments:

Most Popular Post | Mike's Blog said...

[...] been looking at what the most popular posts are on my blog and I’ve noticed that the KFC Dollar Menu post has gotten some way unusual attention since I posted [...]

Rich Reynolds said...

Mike...

You think KFC snackers are small? Try Steak and Shake's 89 cent burgers; they're the size of a button.

RR

Mike said...

I live in California and they don't have Steak and Shake here. But I did google it and went to their official website and clicked location and see it's all on the east coast (well, Texas all the way to east coast). But I can imagine.

We have Burger King, I'm sure you do too but they came out with a new mini burger that is really tiny. I'm guessing that Steak and Shake's 89 cent burgers that you said are the size of buttons are the same size as the new BK mini burgers.

Necromas said...

Or better yet, go to Wendys, and get a double cheeseburger, bacon cheeseburger, and chicken sandwich for $1 each.

Mike's Blog » Blog Archive » My Blog Stats said...

[...] top 2 search terms are KFC Dollar menu and Girl with star [...]