Sunday, March 01, 2009

Paypal Plugin

I might be way out of the loop since I don't go to PayPal that often.  Only when I need to.  I went to the PayPal website just now and I saw the link for the PayPal plugin.  This is so neat and I wish I'd known about this sooner.

You get this button with a menu that allow you to automatically fill in your information when you are buying something.  Like it fills in the billing and shipping address and your name and phone number etc.  This way you won't have to type all that stuff in.  Well, I'm sure people have been using something for that for years.  I haven't though.

But this goes further.  If the website does not accept PayPal, no worries because it generates a secured credit card number that takes the money directly from your PayPal account.  If you don't have any money in your PayPal account then PayPal uses your secondary bank information which would be your checking or savings account from your regular bank.  This is a good idea because it generates a credit card number that even if someone hacks your information that credit card number can only be used for that 1 transaction.  The next time you buy something and click Generate Secure Card it will generate a new credit card number.

It also allows you to save your receipt from the site you bought something from so if you need to refer back to that you can find it in your PayPal account.  You can save ink and paper by not having to print it out.

Way to go PayPal.  Fore more information go to www.paypal.com and log in.  The plugin link is in the menu on the left of your account information at the very top.

No comments: