Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Big City Sliders Station

I got the Big City Sliders Station today.  It was a lot smaller than I had thought it would be.  But that's fine.  It looks neat.  I haven't been able to use it yet because I don't have any ground meat.  I need to get to the store.

I've read several blog's about how crappy this device is and what a complete waste of $20 it is.

This one person said that when she opened her BCSS she smelled it and it had an unpleasant odor.  I didn't smell mine but I washed it right away in warm soapy water.  The instructions say hot soapy water though.  It was hotter than regular warm so that's good enough I guess.  But this person also said that she put it on the stove for 15 minutes by itself with no burgers in it to remove all the germs or what not.  Well, I read the instructions and it clearly states not to put it on the stove without anything in it.  And you have to cook the burgers on medium, not high.  It also says not to cook it on a halogen or quartz stove surfaces yet in the commercial they are using the glass stove top.

Another person said that when he was biting into his mini burger he saw some silver on his burger and shouted STOP EATING! because the teflon was attached to the burgers.  I'm sorry but you would notice that when you finish cooking them before putting them on the buns.

Another person said that he cooked like 70 or so mini burgers for a party, just batch after batch after batch.  When he was done it was pretty nasty and he said he had to use a Brillo pad (or something like it) to clean it.  The first rule when cleaning Teflon is no wire cleaning tools that can scratch the Teflon.  Everyone knows that.

Well, the cooking time of this thing is 2-4 minutes on medium and I don't think that after the 3rd batch the Teflon is going to start coming off if you are using it right.  That's what another person said, after the 3rd batch it started coming off and onto the burgers.  That's only 12 minutes of use so if that happens to them after 12 minutes of use then I'm going to guess they are cooking it on high and leaving it on the stove for long periods of time without cooking anything in it.

But, I'm going to take all these comments that I've read into consideration and I'm not going to cook with it.  I'm going to use it as a burger press then lay the 5 burgers on a piece of wax paper, put wax paper on top of the burgers, then add 5 more stacked and so on then put it all in a gallon zip lock bag.  The one that you suck the air out.  This way I can have maybe 30 or so mini burgers frozen and ready to use whenever I get the urge to eat some.  And I plan on cooking them with a skillet.  I know that Billy Mayes thinks that people who cook their mini burgers on a skillet are all morons who can't cook but I've done pretty good cooking burgers on a skillet my whole life, I think that I'll be ok.

No comments: