Sunday, April 19, 2009

Goodbye IHOP, Hello Big Boy

A few months ago I noticed that 2 of Bakersfield's IHOP's have turned from a blue color to a red color and renamed "Clay's".  I can't go to Clay's because it makes me think of Clay Aiken and then I just imagine all the waitresses and waiters have Clay Aiken hair and they are singing to their customers trying to get their order.  It sends shivers down my spine.  Hehe just kidding.

But on a positive note, the Bakers Square on Ming Ave. closed down (well, that's not the positive part) and a Bob's Big Boy is moving in it's place.  I've loved that place since I was a kid.  My parent's always bought me the Big Boy comic books and I had some Big Boy toys.  The burgers were very similar to Big Macs but they didn't have the same sauce, the Big Boy burger had a better sauce.

The one thing I remember about Bob's Big Boy was the hairdo's of all the waitresses.  They were always high up like they had bee hives but with curls all over them.  That is definitely what makes Bob's Big Boy to me.  The comic books, burgers and hairdo's.

2 comments:

Clay Aiken Writes » Blog Archive » Quick scan of the net - clay aiken said...

[...] http://www.xanapus.com/blog/?p=2199A few months ago I noticed that 2 of Bakersfield’s IHOP’s have turned from a blue color to a red color and renamed “Clay’s”. I can’t go to Clay’s because it makes me think of Clay Aiken Cheap Airfares from Brisbane to Rome and then I just imagine all the waitresses and … [...]

Hot News » Ihop said...

[...] of their in-state restaur...What The Hell Does Ihop Want With Applebees? | Love asked knowledge...Goodbye IHOP, Hello Big Boy | Mike's Blog...Eschatology of Mick Bickle of IHOP, Part 1 « The Church of Jesus Christ...The Martha Blog [...]