Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Stargate

I've always loved the show Stargate SG-1 but only watched it occasionally but since I wasn't a regular watcher of the show I was always lost.  So a couple of months ago I decided to sit and watch it every day when it came on Sci-Fi.  I started paying attention to it when Ben Browder came onto the show.  No reason why I paid attention to him, just a coincidence lol.  Don't put any thought into it lol.

I know that I'm still probably lost and I figured that they would be nearing the end of the last season soon so I can start watching it from the beginning again but I don't know when that will be.

Stargate Universe will be coming in the fall and I really want to be caught up by then.  Although, it doesn't look like it's from the same era, it looks like it might be in the future but I won't know until it comes on.  I want to be really caught up with SG-1 before I start watching SGU anyway.

Yesterday I bought the original 1994 Stargate movie which I have seen before but I want to start it all over by watching the movie.  Plus I'm sure there are some bonus features.  Maybe.  I'll have to wait until it comes in the mail.

I also bought another Stargate which I had no idea even existed.  "Stargate Infinity: The Complete Series" which apparently is a cartoon with half hour episodes.  There was only 1 season so it wasn't a very good one I guess lol.  I can only assume they were trying to target the show to kids because some of the cast members were teenagers lol.  As if Stargate Command would have teenager soldiers fighting the fight.  Hilarious.  I bought it because it's campy to me.

I was going to start buying each season on DVD but there are 10 seasons at $21 each and I can buy the entire series in a big box for $115 and get 2 bonus discs with all bonus features.  So I'm just going to do that.  I'm going to have to wait until next month though to set aside half then on my birthday pay for the rest so this will be my birthday present to myself lol.

When I'm done with all that then I'm going to buy Stargate Atlantis.  Although, I might wait until they have the entire series in a box.  Right now I think they only have each season sold individually.  I will work on getting that before the fall so I'm REALLy caught up hehe.

No comments: