Saturday, May 16, 2009

Early Morning Bike Ride

Well, I did it.  I set the alarm clock for 4am and of course had to push the snooze and when it went off again in 10 minutes I decided ok, I need to do this, I need to wake up and get ready.  So I got up, went and got a bowl of raisin bran cereal.  I read my emails which weren't that many since the last time I read them last night lol.

I like to eat then wait 30 minutes to go, so 4:45am came and I left the house and it was pitch black outside.  Thank goodness for bike lights.  Although I didn't realize until I got there that the back light wasn't working at all.  It wasn't until the sun came out that I realized that it was because the wire snapped off.  UGH!  It's easily repairable.

What I especially liked about riding that early is that there are absolutely no cars.  0 cars.  Well, there were a couple but none that I had to worry about.  Of course being that early I had to stop and push the walk button because certain lights just won't turn green unless the sensors detect a car sitting there and they don't detect bicycles.

While I was on the bike trail that early in the morning before the sun came up there were no other riders which isn't odd for me not to see anyone because in the daytime there are barely any other riders.  So it really didn't make much of a difference.  But when the sun did start coming up I did start to see a couple riders.

Even coming home with the sun up at 6am there still weren't any cars.  I finally got home at 6:22am so I was gone about an hour and half but my total time was 1 hour 5 min.  Hey, I have to take a break during my ride lol.

Now that my muscles are getting used to riding I'm gonna experiment with going out again tomorrow and then the day after that.  I want to go out every day, not just every other day.  I want to get as much exercise in as I can because the weight is coming off.  So, we will see tomorrow if I go out or not hehe.

No comments: