Saturday, May 16, 2009

Pedals, Mirrors and Shorts

Well I just came home from Snider's Cyclry.  I bought brand new pedals that are metal, not the cheap metal ones either that cost $7.  No these were $20 and they are a lot heavier than the cheap ones.  Weight on a bike is a huge issue but when it comes to something like that you need them to be as sturdy as possible for standing up on.  That's why the pedals that came with the bike are breaking, from having 230lbs of weight standing on them.


I also bought a helmet mirror.  When I was trying to put it on, I was having a hell of a time finding a good spot because the mirror isn't that adjustable that I can just put it anywhere I want to.  I wanted it to stick to the plastic on the outside but the arm on it is so tiny that it had to be on the Styrofoam part in front of my face.  I finally found the perfect spot for it and stuck it on.  I had to go stand outside on the sidewalk, or more in the street, more the gutter really to be sure it was right.  It was so I stuck it on and then looked again without my arm being in the way.  The only problem is I have to look up with my eyes to see it.  That kinda hurts my eyes lol.  So for tomorrow mornings ride (at 4:30am that is) I'm going to bring both mirrors so I can see which one is better.  Who knows, I might need both.


I went to the thrift store before I went to the bus stop to look for shorts and to see if they had any bike shirts at all which they didn't.  I picked out 2 pairs of shorts but they were so big and I went to hold them up to myself to see if they would fit but wasn't quite sure.  They don't have any dressing rooms there so you have to look at sizes and hold them up to yourself lol.  So annoying.  Anyway, I just took them to the register and figured if it's too tight, it will fit me eventually lol.  One of them was $7 but the tag says $2 and I said well forget it then.  I know they have to charge the lower price, well, I know that applies to everywhere else you go lol but apparently not there.  I said forget it because I didn't really like them anyway.  So I got 1 pair of shorts with a Hawaiian print on it.  It was only $2.  It's a bit tight but... it will fit me eventually lol.

No comments: