Thursday, July 16, 2009

Back/Knee Problems w/New Seat

As the title says I am having Back and Knee (not backne as in acne on my back) issues from this new seat.  I've adjusted it every way I can to get it comfortable.  No matter how I adjust it I am being pushed forward to the handlebars and it has been causing me issues with my shoulders and my upper back.

And my right knee has been giving me issues since I got this new seat.  Keep in mind this is only day 5 so maybe 10 more days (the guy said keep trying for 3 weeks, to me 5 days is 1 week since I only ride 5 days a week) and maybe, just maybe that will go away.

I'm going to keep trying though because I really don't want to sit on anything that is going to cause numbness in my giggle area.

I removed the sheepskin during my ride today because I was thinking that maybe the sheepskin is giving me issues and it was.  That is what was making me slide forward all the time.  So just sitting on the seat without the sheepskin and the seat pretty much grabs onto my shorts like a cell phone on one of those rubber mats that you stick on your dashboard.  If that makes any sense.

I'm still going to buy another gel seat and cut the nose (or horn) off then sew it back together so it fits this new seat.  I think that will help not only raising me back up to where I was to give my knee some help but also my underwear seam won't hurt my butt lol.  And I think it will feel better on my sit bones if I'm sitting on gel instead of the seat.  Actually the seat without any cover on it is pretty cushioned, it doesn't really need any cushion so that's good.

1 comment:

» Back/Knee Problems w/New Seat said...

[...] See original here: Back/Knee Problems w/New Seat [...]