Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Bicycle Seat

Well I got my bike seat today.  I almost didn't get it because the mail carrier left it on my doorstep where anybody walking by could take it.  They didn't even bother ringing the doorbell.  I'm about to go out on it now.  BRB.

...

The website where I bought this seat from, The Bicycle Seat suggest that you ride it for 40 minutes so that you can make adjustments here and there so it's comfortable.  They suggest that you lower the seat 1 inch which I'm not quite sure that works for me, I'm probably going to have to raise it back up.  But I had to adjust my gear shifting thingamabob because when I was riding it I felt like I was riding faster than the bike was capable of so I adjusted that and it works for me.  I adjusted the seat so it's down a bit in the back as per their suggestion and that kinda helps.

I do kinda feel strange though while riding it.  I can actually feel my "sit bones" sitting on this seat.  Before it was just my crotch area that was sitting on the seat.  Now I won't have to make any more adjustments to my shorts while riding.  They usually ride up because of the "horn" or "nose" of the seat.

Well, I don't really have the time to test it out for a full 40 minutes today because I have lots to do but tomorrow I will be on my 2 hour / 20 mile bike ride so as soon as I get home (probably 6:30 or 7am) I will definitely be back here to blog about my strange new experience.

No comments: