Thursday, July 02, 2009

Malt-O-Meal Hot Cereal

I can remember when I was about 4 or 5 years old and my mother used to make me Malt-O-Meal for breakfast.  That was the best hot cereal ever.  Yes I like Oatmeal but this is better.  I don't care too much for cream of wheat though.

I remember that my mom always bought the Chocolate Malt-O-Meal and if she bought the original, I would put some chocolate syrup in it to make it chocolaty hehe.

Did you know that Malt-O-Meal hot cereal is nutritious?  I knew it was good for you but I didn't know to what extend until I read this:

Link is gone, sorry.  But take my word for it lol.  Visit the website and do some digging (link below)

Wow, I'm going to buy this more often and eat it before my bike rides instead of regular cold cereal.  Although this means I'm either going to get a late start or I will have to get up earlier.  Then again you can nuke it lol.

I don't know why but the stores in California, or at least in Bakersfield, don't sell the chocolate flavored Malt-O-Meal anymore.  When I was 4 or 5 as I mentioned before we lived here in Bakersfield and that's where my mom bought it so I'm not sure why they don't sell it here now.  They do mention that flavor on their website.  I want CHOCLATE Malt-O-Meal!  Adding chocolate syrup adds more calories to it lol.  Oh well, I guess Maple and Brown Sugar will have to do.

Image copied from their website www.malt-o-meal.com.  Make sure you go to your local grocery store and buy some today.  It's the best hot cereal ever made IMHO.

No comments: