Friday, July 10, 2009

My Bike Must Be a Teenager

I guess my bicycle must be a teenager because the front tire has a pimple on it lol.  I was riding along this morning and all of a sudden it felt like I was hitting bumps in the road but I knew there weren't any bumps at all.  I couldn't do anything about it either because the sun wasn't up at all so I had to wait until I got to my halfway point which was when the sun starts to come up.

As I'm riding I pass this baby stroller on the side of the bike path and I looked at it while I was passing it and saw 3 heads get up and turn to look at me as I'm passing.  I could've sworn 2 of those heads were dog heads while the 3rd one was a bald headed man lol.  The pimple in my tire was making noise and it woke them up.

So I get to my halfway point and I really don't see anything wrong with the tire.  Then I see this bulge sticking out of the side of the tire and the top of the tire too so the top of the tire was slanted in that one spot lol.  I figure I can't do anything until I get home because I'm probably going to have to remove the tire and the tube and adjust it.

I finish my 10 minute break and start to head back, I look at my computer and it says I'm going 35 then 40mph lol.  WHAT?!  There ' no way I'm ' 40 lol.  I pull over again and see that the pimple is rubbing the wire going to my computer and it's stripping it exposing the wiring inside.  I definitely have to fix the tire now.  I pull the wire tight so it isn't going to get pulled by the tire again then I turn the bike upside down and let the air out of the tire.  I sort of adjust the tire but really, there isn't anything I can do.  I'm not gonna start taking everything apart right there on the side of the bike path road.  I started putting air back in and see the pimple blowing up again so instead of filling it all the way with 64psi I just stop at 30.  That will get me home for sure.

My tire pressure in both tires doesn't have to be the same.  My front can really be 30 or 40 and I'll be fine but my back tire must be either the standard 64 or 60 is good.  The reason my front tire is doing that is because the wheel is 26x2.0 but the tire is 26x1.95 so it's not the same.  So now I need a new tire for the front wheel so when I get some money I will buy the exact tire that I need for the front wheel.

No comments: