Sunday, July 26, 2009

Planning ahead for my BikeCam Trilogy

LOL my bike cam trilogy.  As you know I have 2 bike cam videos where I go out on the bike path in Bakersfield.  In case you don't here is BikeCam 1 and BikeCam 2.

Even though I'm incapacitated right now I'm already planning ahead for BikeCam 3 which will be the last part in the series lol my Trilogy.

What I'm going to do is when I get my next check I'm going to buy new handlebars, the kind that are like beech cruiser handlebars that will allow me to sit up properly on the bike.  I might not ride as fast but I really don't care about how fast I go, I just care about getting exercise and losing weight.

So when I get the handlebars I'm also going to get a trunk for the rack to store my camera and a 1.5 liter canteen so when I get to my destination I can just grab the camera and hook it on to my homemade handlebar tripod.  Since the handlebar will be different the tripod will be in a different spot, most likely on the right side of the handlebar and not in the middle.  I'll take new pictures lol.

Anyway, I plan on adding 5 miles from the point that I stopped my video at the end of part 2.  That will take me all the way to Hart Park.  Hart Park is a very neat park to go to.  There are peacocks, ducks, swans, lots of streets that I could actually just ride around for a long time at no particular speed.  Cars I think have to go 5mph so I guess a bike should go the same and not my typical 14mph lol.  I plan on going all the way to where the ducks are and feeding them.  I have a video of us feeding the ducks but I guess it's not on YouTube for some reason.  Maybe I'll get that on there before I do my 3rd BikeCam video.  I'll work on that today.

Well, don't expect this video to happen any time soon (the bikecam 3 video that is) because I still have to wait for my next check which is about 8 days away and then I also have to wait for my shoulder to heal up so I gotta take it easy.  But hopefully the day after I buy the new handlebar then I will be able to make this happen.  But then again I might also not be able to go far because by then it will have been 2 weeks since I rode the bike which means my muscles have turned to jelly and I might not have the strength to ride all that way.  I might not even be able to do my 22 miles.  Hopefully I will but who knows.

My first BikeCam video was June 15th or 16th and my 2nd was July 16th so look for it on August 16th lol.

No comments: