Monday, August 10, 2009

The Bakersfield Californian Tabloid

Bakersfield, CA is going to change their newspaper to the size of the tabloid.  It's already only a few pages per section so I guess they are going to just change it completely so it's like a magazine.  I guess nothing good goes on in this town that they just don't have anything to report.

The Bakersfield Californian will change to a tabloid-size product on Monday through Friday starting on Monday, Aug. 17. One of its many benefits is a unique new Classifieds section complete with color-coded sections for ease of use.



That is a quote from their Facebook page.  You know they charge .80 cents for their paper and then the store charges you .05 cents on top of that.  So we pay .85 cents for the newspaper that takes Chip 10 minutes to read lol.  It's kind of a rip off if you ask me.  I personally don't ever read the newspaper, why should I when I can just watch the news you know?  I don't care about the classifieds, cartoons, obituaries etc.

What I want them to do is put their newspaper on the Kindle because I really want an excuse to get a Kindle lol so maybe if it were kindlized I might buy a Kindle.  I already asked them and they said that they have a digital version but in a PC only program.

I bet you anything if they change to tabloid sized newspaper the price will go up again.

No comments: