Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Black Widow

blackwidowLast night I let the dog out and I glanced over at this fountain that is leaning against the wall, we're lazy what can I say, and noticed this huge freakin' black widow.  I've noticed the web before that "it" made, I've tried hosing it away but it's so freakin' strong and I've broken it up with my shoe many times and it just keeps coming back.

So last night when I let the dog out and I saw the spider I went back in the house to grab a shoe cause I was bare foot and when I came back it was still on it's strong mofo web.  I smashed it with my flip flop but it wasn't easy getting through that strong ass web.  It was so strong I could hear it making a crinkle sound and I could feel how strong it was too.  It was like this spider was eating her spinach or something like Popeye that it's web was strong to the finish lol.

So after I smashed it there was all this brown crap all over my shoe, yes, brown.  I think that Black Widow spiders are from another planet.  Well, I guess if the guts were green then maybe so who knows. LOL

It's scary how many black widow spiders are lurking around our house.  I'm always killing them either in the green can that we put our grass and leaves in or in the back yard or in the garage or our indoor patio.  Luckily I haven't seen any inside the house, at least they respect me enough that they stay outside lol as if they respect anyone.

Oh so after I killed the spider, the web was still on my shoe and this web is so strong, I wouldn't say it was difficult but I could feel how stuck it was.  But the web wasn't made like a regular spiders web, it was just strings here and there with no real pattern.  Kinda strange.

Here is the Wiki on the Black Widow also known as Latrodectus hesperus.  This even mentions how strong the webs are.

No comments: