Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Bright House Cable Upgrade

A week ago I got in the mail a letter from our cable company "Bright House Cable" saying they are going to be making some changes to the system and to keep an eye out or something.  I don't have it anymore and I don't remember what it said.

Yesterday a 1-800 number called and I let the machine pick it up and it was Bright House calling.  It was a recording and I let the machine record it but before it hung up I picked up the phone to hear the rest of the message.  It said that it was going to be upgrading 1 of our cable boxes.  It didn't say which one, just that 1 of our boxes is going to get the upgrade and the other one will get it in a few weeks.

It was the one in the living room and I am so glad that it was that one and not the one in my bedroom because Chip would never let me live that down lol.  I have an HD box in my room even though I don't have an HD tv set.  The cable company gave me the wrong one but I insisted that I'm going to be upgrading my tv anyway (which was a lie) so let me keep it lol.  I said that because some of the HD channels are eastern time zone and I like being able to see the shows 3 hours earlier so that I can watch my network shows when they come on at 8 and 9pm.

One of the reasons why I couldn't watch Ghost Hunters many years ago was because the new episode always came on at the same time as one of my shows at 9pm but I didn't know then that they repeat it at 11 lol.  Duh!  But that's ok, I like to watch the new episode at 6pm even though I don't have any other Wednesday night shows.  I get to watch the new episodes 4 times, 6pm and 8pm on SyFyHD and 9pm and 11pm on regular SyFy lol.

So I still have to wait a week to 3 weeks for my upgrade.  I was just looking at it and it's not all that different.  Ok yes it's really different but it's not better.  It's just eye candy is all.  I will record on my dvd recorder what it looks like normal then when I get the upgrade record it with the upgrade and put it on YouTube lol.

1 comment: