Friday, September 18, 2009

Jailed for wearing Pants

Sudan: Woman Journalist Jailed For Wearing Trousers - Source News Junkie Post



jailedforpantsTake a gander at this.  This Sudanese woman journalist Lubna Ahmed al-Hussein was fined for wearing a pair of trousers.  She refused to pay the 500 Sudanese pounds ($200) fine and so they put her in jail.

Apparently over there it's against the law for a woman to wear trousers.

I've never been to Sudan but according to what people always tell me the middle east is a hot place so I think wearing a pair of pants is probably not a good idea anyway.  I think I'd rather wear a dress then sit near a fan so the air goes up into it so it can cool me down.

If this woman was a journalist and she is from there then she knows the laws.  I'm not saying the laws aren't f'd up because they are but it is their laws.  She knew the law, she knew the consequence.

Just imagine if she wore a pair of shorts, omg she'd get the death penalty for sure.

I just don't understand their laws.  I mean, you get fined (as a woman) for wearing pants and go to jail for PANTS?  That is so f'd up.  Poor woman.  She probably sees Hilary Clinton going over there wearing her pant suits and thinks "hey if she can do it so can I" then she goes to jail for it.  Nice going Hilary, I hope you are happy now that you put a woman in jail.

No comments: