Sunday, September 27, 2009

Rogaine

A couple of days ago I made a post about Rogaine Foam and last night I was at the grocery store Albertson's to buy shampoo and body wash and I saw their Rogaine.  They charge a little bit more for the foam than Walmart does but then I noticed they also have the regular Rogaine that they came out with 20 years ago and next to that it's generic counterpart.

Regular Rogaine is $60 but the generic version is $30 about half that price.  That was the sale price though.  I guess it's normal price is $40.  Oh this is for the 3 month supply so it's not for 1 month.  But it's on sale right now for $30 or something so as soon as I get my check I'm buying a box to see if it even works at all.

The generic brands name is Equaline.  I've bought that generic name for a lot of things at Albertson's and yeah some of them are crappy.  I will never buy Equaline razors again because they hurt.  But then so does Gillette.  I only buy good news razors.  But there are other products like cough medicine that is just as good as the regular expensive brand because they have the same ingredients so it still works the same but you pay less.

Someone made a comment in my Rogaine Foam post saying I need to take some pill called Propecia and for the name brand it's $145 for the drug but I did see that the generic version is about the same price as the Rogaine Foam but I think for 1 month supply.  It's still a bit expensive and I don't want to take a pill.  I want to actually put a treatment on my scalp.

I know with the Rogaine Foam you have to put it on your head 2 times daily.  I don't know about regular Rogaine.  Whatever it is I will do it so I too can look like Rod Blagovich.  I've always wanted helmet head.

No comments: