Thursday, September 10, 2009

Vampire Diaries

The new series Vampire Diaries is on tonight and it's very good.  It's Twilight-ish.

"About a high school girl torn between two vampire brothers."



This stories main characters are Elena (Nina Dobrev) who falls for Stefan (Paul Wesley) who is at war with his brother and fellow vampire Damon (Ian Somerhalder).  According to the IMDB plot (quote above) Elena is in love with both of them.

This show has the token psychic named Bonnie (Katerina Graham) who kind of reminds me of Cordelia from Buffy but psychic on Angel lol.

At first I thought it was strange that Stefan could be out in the sun until Damon took the cool ring from him and said that without it he would incinerate when the sun came up so that cleared that up for me.  I was sort of irritated that Hollywood was ignoring the fact the sunlight kills vampires like Moonlight did but they introduced the ring which Buffy had actually introduced that Angel crushed.

I can't really tell how good or bad this show is going to be based on the Pilot but I like it and I'm going to tune in to it for at least the season.  If it turns into Twilight meets Gossip Girl I'm not sure how long I will watch it lol.

No comments: