Saturday, August 01, 2009

Time Lapse Software

I was looking at a video on YouTube where they take a banana, put a watch on it then let the camera take a picture every second for a whole week.  The banana had a light over it so naturally it got a really bad tan and you could see the second, minute and hour hands just going and going.

Perios by Martin Slovacek.  It's totally free and you don't even have to install anything, just download it and run the exe file (after you unzip it of course).  It finds your webcam and starts taking pictures as soon as you find a directory, choose the amount of time in seconds, minutes or hours then click the Start button.  Once you are finished click the Export button and it combines all of those images into an .avi file.

I did find a program that cost $10 but it only works on the computer you register it on.  Every computer after that costs $5.  I guess it's a small price to pay but if you reformat your hard drive you might have to buy the upgrade for $5.  I haven't tested that theory out yet and I don't plan on it either lol.

It's called Webcam Flix and I bought it for my laptop.  I think it works a lot better because when you go to make the video it just looks way smoother than the free one I listed above.

I'm going to put it on my laptop and have it do time lapse on the Scooby Doo Chia Pet.  I have a poor mans version of a time lapse video on YouTube of my Scooby Doo chia pet so I will redo it lol.  It really is lame lol.  I just gotta find it and I will work on that.

Update: I've changed some things in this post so if you notice something is different, it is.  I took out the free part in the subject and I added that I did buy the $10 webcam software, only because it's superior to the free one.  Here is the new Scooby Doo Chia Pet time lapse video I made with it.

No comments: