Friday, February 20, 2009

Dead Like Me Movie

Last night I found out that there was a Dead Like Me movie.  I saw it on Facebook as an ad in the right side.  I thought it was for the tv series that only lasted 2 seasons but it was for the movie.  So I got curious about it and was looking at the Facebook page and saw a video which was a commercial on YouTube.  It looked pretty interesting.

When Dead Like Me first came to Showtime, I saw all the billboards and there were commercials for it on the Sci-Fi channel and stuff but I couldn't watch it because I didn't have Showtime back then.  But then one night I was sitting at my desk a few years ago and it was on Sci-Fi channel.  I was finally able to watch it and I watched the entire 2 seasons I think in a couple of months on Sci-Fi.

Now the movie.  I don't know when they made the movie but it was released on video a few days ago on February 17th 2009.  Why did it go straight to DVD and not go in theaters?  That's strange.  The sex in the city movie was in theaters.

I for one can't wait to buy or rent this movie.  I wonder if the Red Box has it at the store?  There was a video on YouTube where Ellen Muth sounded like she was on the phone leaving a message saying buy the DVD, if you download it instead of buying it you are preventing us from making more movies or possibly continuing new seasons.

Ok Ellen, I won't download it but in this economy I can't buy it either.  I don't know how anyone can expect people to splurge on things like buying blu-ray and DVD movies with our economy the way it is.  I mean if you still have your job that's one thing, go ahead, help the economy out by buying movies.  But mostly people don't have their jobs anymore so they can't afford to spend any of their savings on anything but groceries and paying their bills.  I for one am one of the people suffering from this economy so I definitely cannot buy the DVD just yet.

Edit: I just wanted to clarify something.  When I say I don't know how anyone can expect... I don't mean any one person in particular.  I mean like the companies who are putting DVD's out and the companies who are selling DVD's.  It's the same with Amazon selling their Kindle 2 for $359.  How can they expect to sell those right now?  Why couldn't they wait for the economy to get back on track.  They can't judge how well a movie or tv show is doing by it's DVD sales because I'm sure DVD sales have dropped 50% or more.

2 comments:

Philippe said...

Mywesbsite is not currently open, but you seem like a fair guy and I thank you for deciding not to download Ellen's movie from some torrent and to write about it on this blog. I wouldn't want you to think that Ellen is a little rich girl either. She's a real person who feels the bite just as we do. The litlle she gets, she shares with Walter Reed and Bethesda Hospital to help our returning wounded troops cope with a bigger problem than ours.
I help when I can.
Anyway, allow me to send you a copy of the movie, just for being a decent human being instead of one of the hordes of a**holes who have nothing better to do that post b*s on IMDB.
email me an address where you can receive to copy (if you're in New York, you can pick it up) and I'll get it to you, just for being a nice guy ( how often does that happen ? )
This is only for you, Mike. I'm not a DVD dealer, just a friend of Ellen's.

Mike said...

Thank you so much, I emailed you so look for that. I know I'm probably an idiot moron for saying this but you don't have to. I said that in my email. I'm going to buy it as soon as I have the money, not only for myself but I'm going to also buy a copy for a friend. You are very kind though to offer me this. Tell Ellen I said that I love her in this show/movie and I hope she continues with it.