Friday, February 20, 2009

Electronic Glue

I found this Firefox add on called Glue.  What it does is when you are searching for a book, CD or movie on say for example Amazon or the Walmart website and you are looking at let's just say a book, this bar comes down on the top of your screen with little icons which are pictures of people who have also visited that book through whatever website.  You move your mouse over their picture to see what they said about the book.  If there is blue around their box it means they loved it but if it's yellow then they wrote a review.

I actually like it because it saves me from having to scroll down and read a lengthy review.  This allows you 140 characters so you can leave a short to the point review.  It's a lot easier and if a person likes the same thing you like then you can add them to your friends list so that you can see if they like other things you like.

For more about Glue  please visit: www.getglue.com/quickstart.html

2 comments:

Fraser said...

Hi Mike, I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying your Glue experience :)

How did you discover the product? I'd love to hear any thoughts that you may have on how to improve the product.

Fraser

PS - we have stickers, want some? http://bit.ly/beauty

Mike said...

I've been corresponding with Laura Giaimo about this new software. As I've told her I don't recall where exactly I saw it, I was doing a search on the internet for books and the word Glue caught my eye. I clicked on it and the description was very interesting to me so I downloaded it, installed it and it pops up every time I'm looking at a book, movie description or even a video on Hulu. It has also popped up when looking at mp3 players from the Walmart website. I this it's going to be a very useful tool for people and I wish you luck on that.

Mike