Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Spell for Chameleon

I've started reading the Xanth series of novels starting with the very first one called A Spell for Chameleon.  I'm not exactly sure why they named it for "Chameleon" but I'm sure I will figure it out.

It's about this guy named Bink who never found his magical talent and he has to go to the Good Magician Humphrey and find his magical talent in exchange for 1 year of service.  If he doesn't find his magical talent he could be exiled forever from Xanth and he doesn't want that.  He wants to marry his girlfriend Sabrina but he can't if he has no magic.

On his long journey to find this magician he faces lots of obstacles like Centaurs, dragons, illusionists etc.

I've only read 5 chapters so far, the 6th chapter begins with him finding the castle where the good magician lives.  I had to stop reading though because my eyes get blurry after awhile.  But this is a very good book.  Unfortunately, it's a loooong story.  It only shows 17 books in the series in the front of the book but someone told me there are 24 and I'm only on book 1 lol.  I have a ways to go.

No comments: