Saturday, February 21, 2009

Too Much Reality

It all started in the 1990's with the Real World on MTV.  Then I think Big Brother came out in 2000 or somewhere along those lines.  Then survivor and those shows are OK because they are more like a game.  But now you can't change the channel without seeing a reality show.

It's not a game anymore.  Some shows are games but mostly it's the life of someone I don't even know.  There is Keeping up with the Kardashian's.  The father of all these kids except for Bruce Jenner's kids, is the lawyer from the OJ case.  I really don't want to see these brats you know?  Then there are the bounty hunter and his messed up family, then there are the family's who repossess cars and exterminate bugs and rats and snakes.  Come on.

Ok, I realize that without all these reality shows we wouldn't have 1000 channels to choose from.  I don't exactly have 1000 channels to choose from because the cable package I have gives me like 200 channels but still.  I wanna see some acting and I wanna see some struggling actors getting their fair share you know?  There are so many actors who are starving who their agents can't find them work because there aren't enough shows or movies for their particular look.  I think that these channels should at least do a reality show with the starving actors and actresses.

Every time I change the channel it's a reality show on either A&E or Bravo or E! or whatever.  There are some channels where you never see reality shows like Sci-Fi (except for their who wants to be a super hero but that is a game show) and Comedy Central (except for Drawn together but that's a cartoon about a reality show lol funny stuff).  Or TNT and TBS, I never hear about reality shows there, all they have are movies and reruns of TV shows except they also have their own sitcoms and dramas.

Oh, and what happened to MTV and VH1?  They are all reality and no MUSIC!  What's up with that?  Come on MTV and VH1, show me some music TV.  If you want MTV2 and VH1-2 to have reality fine, but your first channel should still play music dammit.

No comments: