Saturday, April 11, 2009

Big City Sliders

Have you seen this commercial on TV with Billy Mayes?  He's selling this thing called Big City Sliders Station and it's this neat little gadget that you scoop up some meat and put it inside the 5 compartments and you press with the lid and then you put it on the stove burner and it cooks 5 mini burgers from the outside in.  It only takes 2 minutes so you can cook more immediately.

Well, I was dumb and didn't do a blog search for this thing before I ended up ordering one through Publishers Clearing House.

Here is a blog post that I just found from Ultimate Foodie

My Big City Slider Station is a big Shi__ty Slider Station

Crap!  Well, I guess maybe what I'll do is just use it as a hamburger press only.  I can press the mini burgers then flip them out of the thing onto a plate or onto the grill, whichever.  Then cook them on a skillet or on the grill.  Or I can just press and then stack with wax paper then freeze in ziplock bags so that I can have them for later.  That's actually probably a very good idea actually.  This way the thing will never heat up and it will never melt onto the food.

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65iaDa5OdQg

No comments: