Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Too Hot

Well, I've decided that I'm going to wait until tomorrow to ride the bike.  I took yesterday off because it was Chips day off but now the weather is getting too hot for me to even want to go riding.  I just don't feel like it anymore.

This is my issue, if it's too cold I don't want to go, if it's too hot I don't want to go.  Well, in Bakersfield it's only normal for a month before summer then a month after the heat dies down before winter.  So I don't have that many options.

This is what I'm thinking.  Since it's getting hot outside but it's cooler in the morning then I'm going to start going out at the same time that Chip leaves for work.  So I'm going to get up at 8am and have something to eat then at 8:30am when he leaves I will leave too.  I know that I've said that before and then it never happened but this is how I'm going to do it starting tomorrow.

I really need this exercise and I don't want to suffer in the process because of the heat.  I don't think it's that healthy to exercise when it's 100+ outside.  That's why the gym has the A/C going.

When summer does come though I'm going to have to make a real effort to get up earlier in the morning, like at the crack of dawn to leave the house and get it over with.  There is no way that I'm going to be out when it's 110-120 outside.  No way.

Actually getting out there early in the morning is probably a very good idea no matter what the temperature is.  I've heard from trainers that it's better to do your work out before you go to work early in the morning.  So, perhaps getting out there early is a smart move.  Maybe this will help me lose weight easier.

No comments: