Thursday, July 30, 2009

Books Being Deleted by Amazon?

I am a huge fan of technology and when I first heard that Amazon came out with a e-book reader I was so thrilled at the thought of it.  But of course I can't afford one with the price they charge for it.  However, after reading this article on the SyFy tech website Dvice.com about Amazon deleting books from Kindle owners it got me a bit concerned.

SHIFT: Is Big Brother Living In Your Kindle?

Can you imagine buying an e-book then go to read it and it's gone?  In all fairness to Amazon they refunded the money back to all those that they deleted it from.  And the books were illegal too.  But if you buy a book from the amazon website how do you know if you are buying a legal copy of it?  I mean, you are trusting that Amazon is going to sell you legal copies of e-books right?

Well, Amazon has apologized about the whole thing and they promised to put that delete button away in the basement.  They are such a good company that I will probably still trust them to keep their word.  They just need to stop selling illegal books lol.

This has not deterred me from still wishing I had a Kindle, I mean, I have one in my Amazon Wish List (link to the right), the new one for $299.  I'm going to continue to wish that I had it too until I get the money to buy it.  But then again I think I'm still holding out for color touchscreen with a 8.5"x11" paper sized display for $99 to $199.  I'm going to be waiting awhile lol.

No comments: