Thursday, July 30, 2009

Trinvo Talking Translator

I just found this neat gadget on the Dvice.com website.  It is the Trinvo Talking Translator Knows a Dozen Languages post.

When we were thinking about going to Italy a few years ago I was trying my best to learn Italian.  We bought CD's from Costco and I sat here for hours at a time for weeks trying to learn and I just couldn't learn it very easily.  And the words that I did learn I don't seem to remember at all.

I was looking to buy something that would act as a translator for me and I found 1 way but it would cost hundreds of dollars.  I would've had to buy a PDA and buy voice recognition software with languages and of course I would've had to pay for each language that I needed and it wasn't cheap, about $50 per language.  We never did make it to Italy though.

But with the Trinvo Talking Translator it makes it so much easier.  Although it is still a bit expensive and since it's only for sale in the UK via the Gadgetshop website, you are looking to spend quite a bit of money.

The gadget itself is £34.99 and with shipping to the United States they tack on an additional £28.00 as their shipping charge for a grand total of £62.99 which translates to $103.86.  Without that bogus shipping charge the gadget still costs $57.70.  But who wants to pay the same amount for shipping that the gadget itself costs?

I suppose if you were to buy it at the airport you would end up paying over $100 anyway.

No comments: