Thursday, August 20, 2009

Cool Cellphone Concept

I wanted to share this.  I found this on the Dvice.com website from SyFy channel.  Here is the link:

WindowPhone concept points to future of touch cell phones
I think that's really neat.  It's a new cell phone concept that is a clear see through phone.  When it's raining outside you see rain drops on the display.  When it's snowing your display looks fogged up as if it has frost on it.  When it's a nice sunny day then you get a clear see through display.  When you want to text you blow on the display then you can write the numbers/letters with your finger and it translates your writing into text to call someone or to type a text message.  Tuvie demonstrates that.

Ok now you might be asking yourself, Mike, how does this power up if you can see through it?  I got your answer.  Nanotechnology.  Here is a flexible transparent battery that charges up in 1 minute.  Yes, I said 1 minute.  Ok you got me Mike, so, what about all the rest of the parts of the phone?  Well, do you see the top of the phone that's black that you can't see through?  Perhaps that has the nano processor and all that jazz in there?  Who knows.  Or maybe if they can make a flexible transparent battery then they can make everything else flexible and transparent.

I think the display is LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) or perhaps it's color e-ink so it probably doesn't use any battery power.

Ok so what about a speaker and a mic Mike?  I don't know lol I didn't design this.  Perhaps it is bluetooth ready so all you need is the bluetooth or maybe it comes with the bluetooth ear piece.

All I know is that I probably won't be able to afford one.  I still use the Nokia 3390 from 2002 lol.

No comments: