Sunday, August 23, 2009

Shoulder Exercises = bad

Well I thought that working my shoulder muscles on my home gym was going to help my shoulder but it's only making it worse.  The first couple of days I was doing it my shoulder started feeling better.  I was already making plans to go bike riding after a week hoping that this would fix the problem and I'd be back to normal.

I was only doing 4 out of those 6 exercises and only doing 10 reps of each and I'm not using that much weight.  My weider home gym works by the height that you have it set to.  If you have it set real low then you aren't use any weight at all but if you have it set at it's highest point then you are using all of your weight and probably then some.  And if you use the bungees at the bottom you are adding more resistance.  I was only doing it 1/4 high.  I don't know exactly how much weight that is because they didn't give me a chart on how to calculate how much weight I'm lifting but I can only assume that I'm only using 1/4 of my weight which would be 60lbs.

I also stopped the cold/heat because I believe it was causing problems with my left arm.  For the last week I was using cold/heat the pain was going down my left arm and it was almost at my hand so by stopping the cold/heat the pain actually went away in my arm.  It was going away from my back too and I thought that perhaps it was due to me using the gym.  Perhaps it was a combination of both.  Maybe stopping cold/heat and starting the gym.  Maybe I should've stopped the cold/heat for a few days then started up again and maybe I should've only used the gym once per day instead of 2-3 times per day.

Whatever the reason the pain is coming back for is beyond me.  I just know I can't suffer anymore.  I am suffering and I am tired of it.  I can't work, I can't lay on my left side, I can't ride my bike, I can't really do anything at all that involves breathing lol.

No comments: