Monday, September 21, 2009

Gay Christmas

This guy on YouTube named Mikey, he raises a very good question about Christmas.  Watch this.


httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8AZr6XLQ4g


I left a comment:


You know that's a very interesting point. They want to take the word "marriage" away from us so we can't get married but we can have a civil union so why shouldn't they tell us that we can't call it Christmas. The jewish people have Hanukkah but they have a decorated tree in their living room called a Hanukkah bush (I had a Jewish best friend when I was 9). I say we should call it a gay bush especially if it's pink and purple lol.


That wasn't a joke.  In fact this whole post isn't a joke.  I think that gay Christians who do go to church to celebrate Christmas the way it is meant to be should do their thing.  No problem.  But for the rest of us who don't celebrate it for Jesus Christ, who celebrate it more for Santa Claus should think about calling it something else.  Not just the tree but the holiday itself.



Jewish people have Hanukkah, African American people have Kwanzaa, Christians have Christmas.

You can say that Christians don't want gay people to partake in anything that is Christian because after all, we are sinning against god by being alive right?  So why should we celebrate Christmas at all?  Why shouldn't we just call it something else for ourselves?  I'll be damned if they are going to take Christmas away from me so I think that we should change it for us.  I think it's only fair that we have a holiday for ourselves.  We can't have the word marriage but we can have union, to me it's the same deal.

leahsodyssey123


No, and if you try to push it, then the majority of Christians will just say, see...they are trying to destroy everything God set up. I am a Christian, but I disagree with the majority on gay marriage. I realize Christmas has become a celebration not related to Christ at all, and that is fine. Really, it is a pagan holiday that Christians stole anyway. Christmas is Christmas so lets just leave it alone.



WHAT?  Christians stole Christmas from the pagans?  If it belonged to the Pagans then it wasn't meant as a holiday to celebrate Jesus Christ then right?  Then shit, it's not "gods" holiday anyway so we can change it for ourselves!  Then we can also "steal" it and change it's name.

Edit: Here we go... "Winter Solstice".  That sounds perfect.  How about Gay Solstice but you don't see the word gay but solstice is in rainbow colors.

gaysolstice

No comments: