Thursday, September 24, 2009

Mackenzie Phillips Incestuous Relationship

Mackenzie Phillips Claims Father Raped, Drugged Her - Source MTV.com



mackenziephilipsMackenzie Philips wrote a book about her life and in the book she shockingly revealed that her father basically raped her while she was passed out.  She woke to find him having sex with her.  After awhile it became consensual.  She was 19 years old the first time (that she knows of) so until she was 29 she stopped.

Her father was in the Mama's and the Papa's who was a hippie band from the 1960's.  I only knew who they were from Scooby Doo episodes in the 70's lol.

A heavy drug user at the time, Mackenzie was 19 when the incident allegedly occurred. "I had tons of pills, and Dad had tons of everything too," she says. "Eventually I passed out on Dad's bed. ... My father was not a man with boundaries. He was full of love, and he was sick with drugs. I woke up that night from a blackout to find myself having sex with my own father."


As her life began to spiral out of control due to drug use, Phillips said the incestuous relationship became consensual. "Had this happened before? I didn't know," Phillips said. "All I can say is it was the first time I was aware of it."



Personally I don't think it's necessary for her to even talk about it.  Why after all these years did she decide to disclose this kind of thing?  I mean it's one thing if you are saying he did it to you without your consent but then to say that you were having relations with your own father for 10 years is kind of sad.

I just don't understand why now that he's dead she's talking about it.  It's like she is blaming him now for something that she had complete control of.  Yeah the first time she wasn't in control because she was so high that she was passed out on HIS bed but you have to ask yourself why she was doing drugs with her father in the first place.  She was 19 so she could've told him no and left and maybe had a fight over it but she chose to keep the relationship going.

In my mid 20's I went to therapy because I have a lot of issues lol.  There was one time that I was blaming someone for something and she told me that it's time for me to stop blaming other people and start taking responsibility for my own actions.  Basically what I'm saying is that she needs to do the same.  Blame him for the first time but stop blaming him for the 10 years that you were doing it consensually.

1 comment:

Can You Say Ewwwwww? « Cuppacafe « What's Happening? said...

[...] Mikes Blog » Blog Archive » Mackenzie Phillips Incestuous Relationship [...]