Monday, September 14, 2009

TiVo vs Moxi part 2

I praised a product called Moxi, a DVR, which costs $800 for the box and has $0 monthly charges unlike TiVo who charges a monthly fee.  Well, I didn't do enough research.  I was trying so hard to see the good in it because hello, no monthly fees for the service.  But I wasn't looking at the TiVo site before I made the comparison as the last commenter said.

Moxi is $800 for the box and if you want extra boxes in your house you can buy Moxi mates for $400 each which if you buy 2 that's $800 more lol.

TiVo on the other hand is only $150 for the TiVo Series 2, $300 for TiVo HD and $600 for the TiVo HD XL.  You can pay $12 a month for either of these to be able to record OR you can pay a flat rate of $399 for the product lifetime service.

I think that this makes up for my previous post Moxi Vs. TiVo don't you agree?  When I posted that I was quick on the draw before doing any research into the TiVo website.  Had I done that you wouldn't have seen my previous post or this retraction.

I don't have an HD tv so the $150 one would work great for me plus it has 80 hours.  And if the machine fails in a few years then that's ok, I'm sure they will have better ones that I can buy.  I'm sure you can transfer your service onto another box, right?

1 comment:

Mikes Blog » Blog Archive » Moxi Vs. TiVo said...

[...] Disclaimer:  Before you comment read the comments.  I sort of praised this product but apparently it has flaws.  I was looking at the good but not counting that there might be bad and comparing this to TiVo was unfair.  Read my retraction [...]