Friday, January 09, 2009

EverQuest

In March 2007 I paid for 2 years of my EverQuest subscription and that 2 years is up in a couple of months.  Before they automatically charge me for another 2 years for $200 I would like to prevent getting shot in the foot by myself of course for not canceling in time lol.

I really had a good time in EQ for the 6 years I played it.  The last year doesn't count for my 7 years because I haven't played it for a year.  But the amount of time I did play it was so much more fun than I could even say.

Every time I got online someone would invite me to a group and if they didn't I would have to just go to a zone where I knew would be populated and start shouting or saying out of character /ooc that I'm available by saying my race, class and level followed by LFG (Looking for group).

I had so much fun playing with friends and strangers would usually become friends unless they were a douche in the game then I'd never see them again.  I can't replace the fun that I've had but just hope that I get something similar to it again in my life.  Maybe perhaps in real life?  Then again I don't know anyone who wants to kill gnolls or giant skeletons.

I still have until mid March to play it so I'm going to be making some appearances here and there to say hi before I can no longer log into the game.

I heard that Sony will store all of your stuff in their systems for 6 months but after that you either have to pay for 1 month then cancel again and do that every 6 months or you just lose everything.  I don't know, maybe things have changed.  We will find out soon enough.  I would like to sell my account since I highly doubt I will ever play the game again.  But then again I'd only consider it if it's someone that I know and know for a fact that he knows how to play a high level wizard.  I don't want to sell it to someone who has no clue what he/she is doing.  That would be a definite insult.  And they must change the name from Xanapus to something else.  I don't want anyone to have that name but me.

No comments: