Friday, January 09, 2009

Recession Weight

Will Americans put on "recession pounds"? - Link Broken

According to this article, a study has shown that because of the recession we are in people are going to start buying cheaper foods and not paying the extra amount for fruits and veggies and because cheaper foods are higher in sugar and saturated fat, they will gain weight.

It used to be that the only people who were fat were royalty because they were so rich they could eat all the food they want so being obese was a sign of wealth.  Now, being obese is a sign of poverty.

I've basically been poor for the last 21 years lol.  Since I turned 17 and was homeless until now.  When I was a smoker I was always thin but when I quit smoking I gained weight because food took the place of the cigarettes.  I gained a huge appetite since then.  When I go to the grocery store for food I buy whatever is on sale like the boxes of shells and white cheddar or Fettuccine Alfredo or I'll buy the little mini pizzas that are 10 for $10.  And the banquet TV dinners are almost always 10 for $10.

Since people are so busy working (if they didn't lose their job) they don't have time to exercise and they use that as an excuse not to exercise but there are always ways to overcome that like riding your bike to work or if you don't live that far, walk.  And taking the stairs instead of the elevator and you don't have to pig out on the vending machine food, you can bring some baby carrots with you for a snack or a banana or an apple.  Those aren't expensive to buy.  I have an orange tree so my oranges are free.

No comments: