Sunday, March 22, 2009

Costco

Now that Chip has a new job we can start going to Costco again.  You know, the last time we went to Costco I think it was a couple of years ago.  I bought a box of garbage bags and you know I still have bags.  We use them all the time.  Not just for trash but for recycled bottles too.  I fill them with bottles and we can take maybe 6 bags of bottles to be recycled and they even recycle those bags and yet I still have lots of bags.  And it was just 1 box of trash bags too, it's not like I had bought 4 boxes.  They last forever.

I can't wait to start going back there though because we were eating so good.  Our pantry was always filled and I was able to get my soy milk which is what I have to put in my cereal or drink in a glass.  I can't drink regular milk because I'm lactose intolerant.  That is my main cause of most of my health problems.  My stomach cannot digest it as easy as anything else and so I end up with some serious cramps that hurt like a mother (shut yo mouth).  And I get gas omg the gas is real bad too lol.  When I hear Chip coming towards my bedroom and I see him in the hallway I usually have to tell him that he doesn't want to be in here right now lol.  Yeah, it's that bad.  You know when you have the farts and it hurts to hold them in so you just let it all out.  It doesn't make any sense to go outside or go in the bathroom and fart cause you're just gonna have to fart again in a few minutes.  So I end up just going to town in my room.  Or well, whatever room I'm in lol.

Costco has really awesome prices too.  If you compare it all to the grocery store you will see that everything is half price.  Because you are buying in bulk and everything is cheaper in bulk.  We were buying this certain type of bread that is health nut bread because Chip wants to eat healthy but when we stopped going to Costco we had to stop buying that bread period because at Albertson's it's half the amount of the bread and it cost more than double of what the bigger loaf at Costco was.  I think it's like $5 at Albertson's for half the loaf you get at Costco for $2 something.

They have this one thing that I really enjoyed which was roast beef in a can, I think it was roast beef.  I can't remember.  It's not like sliced roast beef but it's kinda like chunks of roast beef I guess and it's in a can like tuna but bigger can.  But you take the chunks out of the can and you can either add the chunks to your food or you can crumble it with your fingers and it just shreds it and so it's like hundreds of strings of roast beef in your food.  I like to do that to it because it evens out the odds of every bowl getting roast beef lol.

They have these crackers which are the gourmet crackers that you would normally see in the deli section of the grocery store, not in the cracker aisle.  They are expensive at the grocery store and they are with all the fancy cheeses.  But at Costco you buy a box and it has I think 5 different kinds of fancy crackers each in their own boxes.  If you have company you can serve those crackers and they will think that you spent a fortune on crackers just for them but in reality it's just a few bucks.

Oh and the coffee.  Can't forget the coffee.  They have these huge bags of coffee beans that if I bought them from the grocery store, you know where you go to the coffee aisle and you see all these different flavors that you pour into a bag then grind it and it's like $8 per lb or something.  Well, Costco has the beans I think in 2 flavors but I really only want the vanilla ones anyway so it doesn't matter what they have.  As long as they have that one.  But it costs about the same for this big bag of coffee beans as it costs for 1lb of the grocery store beans.  The down side is that you have to grind it at home but who really cares?  You get freshly ground coffee everyday so what's the problem eh?

And they sell the little coffee mate french vanilla creamers in the little tiny cups that you peel off the top.  Just like they have at the restaurants.  Real cheap too.  I used to buy 2 boxes, that lasts a month.  Plus a box of like 700 packets of equal for less than $10.  You can't get that for that price at the store.  I usually have to buy the Albertson's brand equal with 100 or 200 packets for around $3 or something.  The Equal from Costco lasts the entire month.  I usually have to buy 3 or 4 boxes of the store brand for the whole month, that is if I drink coffee everyday but usually we put it in our tea too.

Well, enough about Costco.  We're going to renew our membership so I can start saving money again lol.  I can't wait because I love the free samples lol.

No comments: