Sunday, March 22, 2009

Mo Money

Now that Chip has a job we can finally afford to upgrade some things in our lives.  Like for example, we can now toss out all of our holey t-shirts (or use them as rags) and just replace them all.  Most of our shirts are too tight for both of us so it will be nice to have some t-shirts that fit.  When I lose weight then I can start buying some shirts and pants and shorts that fit me.  Especially under shorts which I so desperately need.

My bike is so messed up.  It keeps changing gears as I'm riding it which is what caused my accident in November as I was standing up on it while going uphill.  Now it's just constantly shifting gears for no reason as I'm going on level street.  It shifts at least 10 times in the 2 blocks from here to the grocery store and back.  So, on Friday I'm going to just buy another bike at the thrift store for $20.  I've been putting it off because that $20 could go towards groceries but now that Chip has a new job I can afford it.  I'm not going to get a mountain bike like the one I have though, I'm going to buy a road bike (which are most commonly known as 10-speeds).  It's lighter and you go faster on it so I'm sure riding it will be a breeze.

Chip has to pay off his credit cards and his insurance then once those are paid for he wants to buy a huge widescreen tv for the living room for a thousand bucks.  It's going to be nice to watch tv on one of those.  I'd like to get a blu-ray too for the living room.  Eventually I'd also like a flat widescreen for my bedroom.  I've had a flat widescreen monitor for a couple of years now and it's way nicer than a regular square monitor.  The tv Chip wants for the living room is a really freakin' big one though hehe.  I can't wait.

He also wants to buy himself a new computer.  The one he has is the one that I built in 2003 so he is due for a new one.  I'm sure he won't mind that it has Vista lol.  But at least he will also have a widescreen monitor.

Oh, now that he's going to be making money, I can start setting aside more money every month for my Kindle 3.  I was planning on saving $30 a month but perhaps I can just start saving $50 a month, then by the time the Kindle 3 becomes available I will have it all saved up and then some so I can buy some books to go with it.  Who knows, I might get the LA Times and start reading the newspaper everyday.

No comments: