Saturday, March 14, 2009

Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog

There is a movie that I just heard about that is from Joss Whedon and family that I am head over heals for.  It's called Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog which stars Neil Patrick Harris as Dr. Horrible and Nathan Fillion as Captain Hammer.

OMG it is so good.  It's basically a 42 minute musical (as by the title) comedy all about Dr. Horrible sitting in front of his computer doing video blogs and he tries to rule the city while Captain Hammer always tries to save the day.  But Captain Hammer is a pompous prick.

Normally you would root for the good guy but in this movie the good guy is a douche and you root for the bad guy instead because even though he is evil to the core, he's still a sweet lovable guy who just wants to get the girl (gag).

Let's face it, Neil Patrick Harris and Nathan Fillion are perfect for these roles.  They both can sing.  Oh boy can they sing.  And they both do such a great job in this as their characters.

Dr. Horrible's... was a little movie with 3 acts filmed during the writers strike of 2008.  I was told by a friend tonight about this musical episode that it was going to be a new summer 2009 show for ABC but when I went to ABC.com it didn't show anything so I just assumed it was Hulu only.  Then I discovered that Amazon has the DVD for sale.


I also Googled the shows title and found the official website.  I'm reading the "Master Plan" and I see that it was only going to be available to see on the internet until July 20th 2008 then it's gone from the internet forever.  But... it is still on the internet.


If you would like to buy it on DVD make sure you go to Amazon and to www.drhorrible.com to download it on iTunes.  They also have some t-shirts for sale for $25.



Nathan is in his own show on ABC called Castle which is on Monday's at 10/9C and Neil Patrick Harris is still in How I Met Your Mother on CBS Monday's at 8:30/7:30C.

Which ever show you watch you can also watch them at Hulu, that you can be sure of.

1 comment:

New Joss Whedon Show - Dollhouse | Mike's Blog said...

[...] I moved the parts about Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog so it has it’s own post.  When I typed this it was under the impression that it was going to [...]