Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Google Chrome OS?!?!

This is coming straight from the Google blog...

Official Google Blog: Introducing the Google Chrome OS

Wow.  That's so cool.  This is going to be neat to be able to turn your computer on and once it gets past all those tests that you see, you know, where it shows how much memory you have, then all of a sudden you've got desktop.  No more waiting for the Windows screen that shows that animated bar at the bottom of the screen.  Instead you are instantly taken right to your desktop so you can immediately start browsing the web.

The only thing that concerns me is if this will allow me to install my Windows programs like the Sims, EverQuest, Adobe Photoshop Elements, Adobe Premiere Elements, Autodesk 3DS Max 2008, my webcam software, my mp3 player software etc.  And will it allow my hardware like my webcam and my Kodak printer?

One of the things that I really look forward to is if this will allow me to play my old Win 98 games that Win XP won't let me run.  I just hope that this isn't something like Mac and Linux where you have to buy the Google OS software only which will probably only be a few programs at first and will always only have 10% of the software compared to the 100% that Windows offers.  That's always been an issue and why I won't ever have a Mac or Linux again because I want to be able to buy whatever program I want.  It's really depressing when you go to buy software and the aisle for that OS is just a shelf while the rest of the store is for Windows.

Of course I'll have to wait until the 2nd half of 2010 for this to become available so I look forward to all of the blogs and pictures and possibly videos showing how well it is on Netbooks.

No comments: